Tuesday 24 May 2016

EXTREME RULES 2016 REVIEW

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Extreme_Rules_2016.jpg

EXTREME RULES 2016 REVIEW

 1)  DOLPH ZIGGLER v BARON CORBIN

ALEX: Okay, so when a no disqualification match results in one incident happening in which the stipulation comes in use and it involves hardly or no use of weapons at all then just scrap the stipulation, WWE are at a point now where they can’t put on matches too brutal so in my opinion they should scrap the extreme rules PPV and come up with a new concept for a PPV, would save us the pain of putting up with these 'extreme' matches and just try to put on good matches. I can't say this match had much use to me other than a warm up for the main show which it succeeded at.

COURTNEY: I’m gonna be honest here, I didn’t even see this full match as I was too deep in ‘Orange is the New Black’ and forgot about the preshow. I caught the end of it and I agree with Alex here, it just felt like a normal match, and a way to start things off

2)  THE CLUB v THE USOS

ALEX: I could not see The Club losing this so it was a tad predictable, they were not going to lose in their first PPV match so for what it was it was good, it was nice to see The Club pick up the win and hopefully they will move on to working with Finn shortly to make it a bit more interesting.

COURTNEY: I knew The Usos weren’t going to win, but damn I wish they would, got to root for your faves. Anyway I thought it was a good match, nothing much to say specifically, entertaining enough.

3)  RUSEV v KALISTO (US TITLE)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2641860-wwe-extreme-
rules-2016-top-winners-and-losers-from-ppv
ALEX: I did not know the card fully for this PPV if I'm honest and I did not know this match was on here, I did not expect Rusev to pick up the win but he did which I was pleased to see but I just hope he heads in a good direction and he is not just building that title up for him to lose it to Cena in the near future, if they avoid that they can have my attention back on the US title as I feel Rusev could be a valuable guy to have on the roster if given the chance to prove his value.

COURTNEY: I love watching Kalisto fight, he has such high energy and the leaping and athletic ability is great to see! Although I was glad Rusev won the title, the whole maho Russian thing is pretty entertaining.

4) THE NEW DAY v THE VAUDEVILLIANS (TAG TEAM TITLES)

ALEX: I could not see The New Day losing their titles here one bit, I feel like it was supposed to be Big Cass and Enzo in this match anyway if their incident didn't happen, maybe not though and we ended up with this, it was, two very gimmick based teams so it had a sense of goofy fun about it and was glad to see The New Day pick up the win, they are far too hot at the moment to make them drop to anyone but Big Cass and Enzo in my eyes. Little note I had though and I'm not sure if I'm reading it wrong but it seemed they were teasing Big E getting fed up of the lack of seriousness The New Day has when Xavier was delivering his promo, Big E seemed to be out of character and his usual goofy self so that will be interesting to follow but I can't see WWE breaking up such a popular group just yet.

COURTNEY: I don’t think The New Day will be losing their title or disbanding anytime soon, everyone finds them entertaining, they bring laughs every time they come out! So I think I’d like to continue to see them get opportunities, and win their matches! They bring a little bit of adult comedy into WWE, like all these kids laughing don’t even know what they’re laughing at half the time, makes them even more entertaining.

5) THE MIZ v CESARO v KEVIN OWENS v SAMI ZAYN (IC TITLE)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2640018-wwe-extreme-
rules-2016-matches-sure-to-cause-controversy-among-fans
ALEX: This was the best match of the night in my opinion, a typical action packed fatal four way filled with inventive spots and moves. I wanted anyone but The Miz to win but you just had to know that he would win, nothing against The Miz, if anything he does a good job playing an annoying heel but I can't help but feel it's more of a 'I don't care about this guy' dislike more than heel heat so that's why I'm like meh anyone but him whenever he is in a feud or rivalry and sadly but expected he kept his title, he will probablly finally drop it to someone like Cesaro is what I think and expect them to carry on the multi man chase for the IC title a little longer.

COURTNEY: I had no idea who was going to win whilst watching this match and that’s what made it even better to watch, I was rooting for Cesaro and so every time he pinned someone I was like ‘yes, do it’. But then The Miz took it. I find him really boring, I really don’t like the whole ‘woman on the arm thing’, that’s been done too many times. But overall I thought this match was amazing, kept me constantly guessing who was about to win.
http://www.cagesideseats.com/2016/5/22/11729254/wwe-extreme-
rules-2016-dean-ambrose-vs-chris-jericho-full-match-preview

6) DEAN AMBROSE v CHRIS JERICHO

ALEX: I expected far more from this and I felt it could have delivered much more, of course I'll give credit where it's due and respect to Jericho for taking the thumb tack bump, that was a highlight but other than that I think it fell flat and feel the whole feud overall has felt a little bit underwhelming, I hope both guys move on from this swiftly and hopefully Dean may actually for once be used in a serious storyline in which his talents can be highlighted, you can argue he always gets these high profile feuds with top guys but what use are those if he loses the majority of them and even when he does win one he then gets any momentum he has taken from his grasp. I don't think they will use him in a better role and with every Royal Rumble or Money In The Bank that passes, I can't help but feel he will be stuck in this gimmick insane role for life like some sort of gimmick that repeats a storyline over and over.

COURTNEY: That drop into the thumb tacks was so intense, seeing them literally sticking in him!! I really enjoyed this match, felt they really made enough of the Extreme Rules and took advantage of the anything goes. This match highlighted both of these superstar’s ability and they really gave it their all. But like Alex I do think Ambrose should be getting bigger attention, just like the other members of The Shield clearly have been getting, all three of them are amazing wrestlers so I don’t see why Ambrose fails to get the spots the others do.

7) CHARLOTTE v NATALYA (WOMEN'S TITLE)

http://heavy.com/sports/2016/05/when-is-wwe-extreme-
rules-2016-date-location-start-time/
ALEX: I was hoping this would be a bit better than it was, I feel both women have had to make the most out of rubbish storylines given to them, every match they have has to end in some dumb way instead of simply having this as a 'who is the better wrestler' storyline with a series of matches to just show what they can do in the ring, instead they are both belittled by doofus false finishes and short matches that really don't do them justice.

COURTNEY: I was really looking forward to this match and it really let me down. I wanted Natalya to win and I wanted to see Charlotte’s ability without stupid gimmicks. That Dana Brooks was just too fucking eager to be in that ring, she was irritating and I really didn’t see the need for her there, I mean why did she even get brought up to the main roster when there are better wrestlers down there. I feel like Charlotte’s wrestling ability has been overshadowed by the gimmicks in her dad and now Dana, she doesn’t need that to show her ability, the women’s fights should be just that; fights.

http://www.sbnation.com/wrestling/2016/5/22/11703126/
wwe-extreme-rules-2016-tv-schedule-online-streaming
-roman-reigns-triple-h
8) ROMAN REIGNS v AJ STYLES (WWE TITLE)

ALEX: For this match, I was not too hyped, I had a bit heading into it because I felt it would be a good match and I did truly enjoy it, it delivered in my eyes, it was what you would say is a good match in my books. That said, it got a bit silly when AJ ran Roman over with a freight train and he kicked out like oh my god, how did he do that, nah but seriously, the reason I was not bothered about this was because it was painfully obvious AJ was never going to win and that took away my excitement slightly. The other problem I have with it is Roman getting booked stupidly strong like okay we get he is the top guy, that means he can take more damage that most of the others but two styles clashes, multiple chair shots and many other things and he still kicks out? It takes the fun and unpredictability away which is what makes the best matches special in my opinion because every match now with Roman just can be pre called, the dude will take a shit ton of damage and wow, a spear and it's over, for me it just takes away a slight edge to matches knowing someone won't even stand a chance but man would Cena vs Reigns be good, we may witness the first match in which neither man gets pinned and both agree to a draw because it's unfathomable for either of them to take a pin but other than that slight rant, this was a decent fun match worth the watch.

COURTNEY: Roman is my absolute favorite wrestler and so I am glad he kept the title, once again despite the negative backlash he receives, like I’ve said for ages, he’s giving you some reaction so he clearly is doing his job, would be a lot worse if people felt nothing. Anyway, I unlike Alex, thought this was the best match of the night. To me the constant kick outs made it almost worrying that Roman was going to lose the belt. I feel like both Roman and AJ are good wrestlers and they put up a really good show, like it makes sense to me and probably the kids, that he’s stronger so can take more.

ALEX: I'm not sure what score you can grade a PPV in which your favorite moment involved the end of the show but I'm sure it was many peoples aswell, business has picked up again with Seth Rollins return and the earlier problem I mentioned, I believe a rivarly with Seth and Roman could be pretty amazing, it could get personal like old school wrestling rivalries and I believe Seth can bring that edge of being able to challenge Reigns so I look forward to that, THE KING IS BACK.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/411s-wwe-extreme-
rules-2016-report-05-22-16/
COURTNEY: I think Alex was a little harsh, it was still an entertaining show just maybe needed a little bit more added. Definitely would like to see a rivalry between Seth and Roman, that could be good, although I’m pretty sure Romans time with the title is coming up what with Seth coming back.


Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment